It's Saturday afternoon and I think this is as good of a time as any for a "catch-up" blog. This past week I was in Las Vegas for work and work it was! I put an entire 50 cents into the slot machine and the ROI was $0! Having learned my lesson, I gave up on the slots for this trip. So the basics of the past week was work and then more work.

We did go see Mystere at Treasure Island on Thursday night. Mystere is one of the original Cirque d' Soleil shows in Las Vegas and it was a fast paced 90 minute version of their shows. It's full of the usual comedic routine, this time with a fat baby pulling the pranks, colorful sets, acrobats, and displays of strength that would make any Olympic gymnatics competitor weep with envy.

Today was the day to focus on my Dad's house. Homer, Other, Lorie, and I all met up and came up with the plan. Step One - get all the sentimental stuff out of the house. After 6 hours, we accomplished most of that today. We will finish up by the 13th and then move on to Step 2 - the estate sale. It'd be a lot easier on all of us if people just take away the furniture, endless fans, and VCR's for us and pay us as part of the process. That will take us to Step 3 - donating what's left to Salvation Army. The friendly group in Poway assured me that they'd be happy for donations. Step 4 - will be to hire a cleaning service to prep the house for the sale. Luckily there's a place in Poway that provides such a service. Somewhere in Step 4 is 4.5 which is the termite inspection which we'll probably fail, so tenting will be Step 5. In a perfect world this will all be done by the end of the month so that Step 6 (and final) will be to sell the house in April.

So that's the update for now. I'm hoping to resume the movie blog soon. Luckily the recent batch of movies hasn't impressed me so I don't feel compelled to catch up with them. I can save most of them for airplane movies later this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog