Now that some time has passed, I might as well blog about the A&E show "Family Plots." If you ever lived or currently live in the Poway/Rancho Bernardo area, you will find yourself at some point at the Poway-Bernardo Mortuary. For people new to the show, it's a reality show about the daily business at a mortuary and the people who work there. How they ended up in Poway I'll never know but it's a good as place as any for this type of show.

I can say I was going there before they were famous but that's only because it's the only mortuary in town. What you see behind the scenes is far different from the way customers are treated. When you go there, you would never know about all the behind the scenes relationships, daily drama, and crisis managment that takes place. In other aspects, "Family Plots" does show the exact process that you go through as you plan for someone's funeral service.

All the people and all those rooms are really there and you end up in most of them at some point. It looks just like you see it on TV. And Sandi, in case you were wondering, David was the guy who handled our family but some of the other people we worked with aren't even on the show.

They did miss the boat with us though. We should have been a "Family Plots" featured family. There's no way around it, we're good material for TV Land! At my father's service we had our crying moments but there were also the laugh out loud moments that you probably don't usually get. I did the eulogy and now that a few weeks have passed, I can share with you that my hands were shaking like a leaf but only the front row people noticed. Although at the time I was glad there were no cameras around, today when I watched the season opener of the show, I felt like I missed out on something. Of course, this could be because I'm still annoyed that Amazing Race is only casting families this season!

The end of this long story is that if you get a chance to watch "Family Plots" you will learn a lot about another part of our lives that no one thinks about on a daily basis. If you need proof of the cult following of the show, just check with Ms. Kitty and Sandi on this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog