The Grand Mosque in Sharzah.

Day 2 - the jet lag day! I woke up at 3:00 am and maybe got another hour of sleep after that. It's going to be a long, hot day and I hope I don't fall asleep in a meeting. Note to self, next trip insist on coming in a day early!

Yesterday was the first day of Ramadan which is the Holy Month where Muyslims abstain from eating, drinking, or smoking during daylight. It means the rest of also do the same unless we're tucked away in our hotel and out of sight. I just ate three pastries to keep me going for the rest of the day!

Dubai is safe. The population here is so mixed that when you go to a mall, you'd think you were in LA, NY, or London. Everyone I've encountered speaks English at some level so there have been no language barriers.

Comments

  1. I have been doing nothing but eating and drinking during the day for the past two weeks.

    Dubai looks nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list