I've made it to Lebanon and it's a unique place. One thing that I didn't realize is that the electrical sockets are not the same as the rest of the Middle East and I don't have an adapter. As such, I'm about to lose battery power. I have a few pictures to post tomorrow when I make it to Cairo.

Now that I know people who live here, I will always think about them and worry when political tensions are high. The people here are under a lot of stress after the assassination of their leader back in February. I saw the house today where the truck loaded full of explosives drove right into the home. The place was huge and now it is in shambles. Much of the downtown area is still destroyed from the last occupation. There are lots of buildings going up so perhaps there is hope for the future. I like Beirut. I wish them well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list