There are those moments in life where you just have to admit that you've done something dumb. Your first instinct is to look around and hope no one noticed. Sadly, sometimes you have an audience and the whole charade is over. Such was my fate today when Homer came over to assist me with the truck battery. For some unexplained reason when he hooked up the charger, the headlights came on. Huh. I wonder how that happened? Homer knew. He just looked at me and asked, "you didn't leave the lights on did you?"

Now in my defense, for the last 10 years I have driven cars that have the lights either make noise or go off on their own if I fail to turn them off. I've forgotten that manual switches exist anymore. I climbed into the truck and sure enough, there was the light switch and it had been left in the "on" position. Guilty as charged. It must have been a rainy day because I know I would have noticed lights on if it was dark in the garage when I came home.

Two seconds later Homer was on the phone reporting in to Other Brother. Such is life.














I've lived here for 8 years and I have to admit I don't spend a lot of time in my garage. I sweep out cobwebs and store a few boxes in there but the shelves are mostly empty. To my amazement, I found 2 small army men on one of the shelves today. They've been stuck in a corner gathering dust for all these years. I've put them back in service to guard the garage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list