Eventually I’ll learn not to go to Europe in the winter. The hotels have no concept of what a heater is. Heaters here blow air that’s only slightly warmer than the external temp. I’m wearing three layers of sweaters in my hotel room and I’m still cold. Yes, it’s back to London which after Russia, seems the easiest city to navigate in the world. The tubes, busses, and Hotel Hoppa are all accessible and people can give directions. Hungry? Food is easy to obtain and you get what you want.

I decided to do something new and took the double-decker tour bus around the city to escape from the major must see sights. It would have been far more fun in the summer! Lunch was the yummy Pret-a-Manger for a sandwich and dinner is wine, cheese and crackers in my room. And it’s Halloween so I’m continuing a completely unintended tradition of spending Halloween in a hotel room somewhere.

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:02 PM

    Did I ever mention I made it to the Pret in Rockefeller Center last year? It was terrible. The yogurt was overly sweet and none of the sandwiches had rocket or crayfish in them. Another dream crushed.


    Mondo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog