The quick trip to Arizona was to visit Audrey, who escapes a screen name because she refuse to accept the existance of cyberspace. Audrey is the person who inspired children to learn that dogs and horses get birthday parties, speeding is okay if you don't get caught, and fast cars are for everyone. This is a person who acts 20 years younger than she is and refuses to be old and feeble. Her color is race car red.
The car in this photo is my rental car. I need to digress and explain more back history. While Audrey was bright red Buick Skylark, her husband Emil was Mustang Blue. Every kid in the neighborhood wanted one or both of their cars. When I requested my rental car, I went cheap. I wanted the Ford Focus at $30 per day. I arrived at Hertz and could not find my name on the board. Two different people helped me and then a puzzled man finally pointed at this car and said, there it is. I could not believe it! A 2007 Emil Blue waiting for me, full upgrade at no extra charge. Now Emil passed away earlier this year so I could only assume that somehow he switched cars for my in the ghost version of cyberspace. The outcome of the weekend is that Audrey is probably going to buy a 2007 Mustang sooner than later. We went back and forth on red or blue, but as I pulled out of the driveway, she said, "Blue." Those of you that know her will understand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog