While Machu Picchu is amazing, I liked the beauty of the Sacred Valley. This portion is where the Temple of the Sun is located and when you climb to the top, there are great views of the surrounding mountains and valley. Peru will never rate as my favorite destination but it was a completly unique place to go in terms of the Inca culture and heritage. For me, 7 days was way too long and I'm sure that I would have enjoyed it much more in 5 days without extra time. But take that for what it is because I believe that you can see the best of a city in 3 days or less.


Comments

  1. Yes, that last day in Lima was too much. If we could have somehow flown home from Cusco without the Lima stopover it would have been better. But it was nice to be remembered at our Lima hotel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:07 AM

    My advice to people is don't stop in Lima. Go direct to Cusco, take it easy for 1 full day (city tour?) and then go to Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley and maybe one other excursion outside Cusco. Fly home, again without stop in Lima.

    OB

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog