Today one of those good thing/bad things happened to me. I returned to the hotel all happy and planning to relax and get caught up on e-mail for the evening. I went into my room and saw a notice on the floor and picked it up. Turns out that since I've spent a whole week here, the hotel needed to run my card and get caught up on the charges. In many overseas hotels, they pre-authorize your card rather than wait until you check out. My pre-authorization had run out. I was totally bummed since this meant taking 10 minutes out of my life to deal with the card.

Only then did it get worse. My card was missing. Not just kind of missing but totally missing. I know it wasn't theft but a matter of me loosing the card. It had been raining hard this afternoon and I remember pulling my monorail card out early so I wouldn't have to fumble for it in the rain. I think my credit card may be in someone's car but I won't know until tomorrow so I canceled the card.

The good thing is that I would have never noticed except for the hotel. The bad thing is if it's in the car, then I've cancelled my card. Back on the good side, it was my work card, not my personal card. Back on the bad side, now I have to pay with my debit card since for some reason the back-up credit card was declined by the hotel.

It's almost too much to think about right now. I consider myself lucky that it wasn't my passport that went missing and that I have back-up options for the remainder of the week. Still, this is the first time that I have lost a credit card. I hope it's the last.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog