Hong Kong can now be added to my list of airports where I've been but not the country. It was over 15 years ago that I left Malaysia only to have an unexpected 3 hour stop at the Taipei airport. We were kept in a holding area and not even allowed to roam the airport. I've always wanted to go back. Deja vu repeats as I leave Malaysia but with a planned 3 hour layover in Hong Kong. I can't go out but at least it's sunny and I can see the famous harbor. I'm also saving time to wander the airport but so far it looks rather boring.

At some point I'll have to do a personal tour of Asia but I keep resisting since the odds are good that I'll be back for work at some point. These countries are too expensive to travel to for a short weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list