This is it! I'm at the Kuala Lumpur airport waiting to board the first plane of the day. It's 4 hours to Hong Kong, a 3 hour layover, and then the 11 hour flight to LAX. I'm having the last bad cup of coffee and I'm looking forward to reading Harry Potter on the flight. I found a copy at the airport bookstore. Booksellers are still boycotting the book since the supermarkets refuse to stop discounting. The supermarkets have all run out, the pre-sales are all sold out, and people are getting desparate to buy this book. Seems like the boycott was a big mistake.
Cruising the Danube
Life on the river often means spots where I can't get a good wifi connection so I'm a bit behind on blogging. I'm going to do this one fast and then get more detailed on the last two stops. I'm sailing with AMA Waterways and the ship is the AmaVerde as seen from the dock in Vidin. Usually I share a bigger cabin with a friend but for this trip we decided to splurge and get our own cabin. Here's my little home for the week. Most of Thursday was on the ship as we sailed from Bulgaria to Serbia. This lock is the second gate of the Iron Gates. Looking over at the dam on the river. View from my cabin. The water is just below the window. There are only three decks on this ship and I'm on Level 3.
Comments
Post a Comment