I have been an online addict since 94 or 95. I'm sure AOL can provide me the exact date of my sign-up. No one in our family could have guessed way back then how one simple desire to find other Star Trek cruisers would change all our lives. With a cd install and few clicks, I was plugged in and stayed there.

In the past few months the blogging has escalated to myspace and facebook for various reasons of their own. SciFi fandom (related) for myspace and facebook was because the continual efforts of friends overseas to get me to join networks finally wore me down and I gave in. Facebook is good for sending virtual drinks and having a party. myspace is a pretty decent site when used right. The family online calendar is easier than trying to write down notes or look through e-mails to see where everyone is.

But nothing is as great as obsessive travel networks.

Let me repeat - nothing is as great as obsessive travel networks!!!

Dopplr now has fully got me and for those of you who travel frequently, let me know. We need to build a group to get the full fun out of it. Today, and I can't even believe I'm in the game, I went to flightmemory.com and started entering 2008 trips. 5 sites to maintain including blogger. This doesn't even count the weekly or sometimes daily ritual of checking my marriott, united, american, hilton, etc... miles and points balances. Or logging into flyertalk to make sure I haven't missed any mileage bonus offers. And the daily obsession with making sure my upgrades have cleared. (Not all have, LJ is still sitting in biz by herself to Zurich while I'm in coach.) But I have faith.

I'd chat more but I've got to go. It's time to build another network!

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:06 AM

    I'll sneak you free drinks! Just kidding - I can sleep in coach as well as I can sleep in biz but I have faith that you'll get upgraded too.

    LJ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list