Multimedia message

I had three different beer choices at the restaurant in Bahrain. Heineken, Bud, or Sol. Being from California, I chose Sol. Judging the reaction from three different wait-staff, I was the only person who had ever 1) order Sol and 2) knew it was a Mexican beer. To top it off, I was the first one to call it Sol Cerveza and the wait-staff learned the Spanish word for beer. The first one was served with salt, so I request no salt on the next one. The third one came soaked in lemon juice. I'm not quite sure they got the concept that Mexican beer and Margaritas are two different things but it was fun.

Comments

  1. Did they learn the Spanish word for sun? I'm surprised they served Sol. A line wedge would have been good in it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list