I seriously have no idea how I'm going to make it through this day. It's 6:48 am and I've been up since 2:45 am with a whopping 3 hours of sleep. Today's schedule has me busy from 10:30 am to 11:00 pm. Day 2 of the trip and it's already out of control.

Luckily the paper arrived early and I thought maybe I could read myself to sleep. No luck. Another man feel off a building (not pushed) a maid tried to escape her job by jumping off the balcony using a mattress for padding (she only got as far as the terrace) and another maid commited suicide by hanging herself. The maids are pretty abused here, verbally, physically, and rape. The Phillipines is so concerned that they've put a quota on new maids getting Visas to work in Kuwait so now it's the Indonesian and Bangladeshi women who are commiting suicide. The employer holds the passport so there's not a whole lot of ways out until you end up dead or in jail.

Herion use among Kuwaiti youth is finally being talked about. It helps that last nights arrest was the son of someone placed high in the government. Not that there's much of a government today since half of them resigned yesterday.

My nescafe is harsh this morning. I made a double dose to see if I could get enough energy to wake up and get in the shower. The mosque prayer this morning started with a 4:07 am practice before moving on to the 5:00 am prayer.

Well as everyone at home is thinking about sleep (as am I) it is time for me to pound out some homework, clean-up, trudge downstairs for the omelette, and get on with another Kuwait day.

I apologize for any massive spelling errors in this post. Blogger spellcheck tags everything since it's looking for Arabic and I can't focus enough to reread.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list