Innsbruck - Doors and Windows

Some final thoughts as I prepare to leave Innsbruck. What's it like for a tourist? The city is small and compact, you can't get lost. The setting is beautiful. Overall it's not burdened by must-see sights and instead, invites you to walk along the river, hang out in the park or find outdoor tables and sip a drink and people watch. I've had three days here and I didn't do a lot and that was okay. The purpose of this stop was to decompress before meeting up with my cruise group. In that, Innsbruck succeeded. I probably could have used one more day but when you're planning trip it's always a judgement call at the time of booking. So I'll leave you with my big tip if you ever get here. Look up to the door frames and building walls.

According to the wonder of google, this is the most visited spot in town. Actually the golden roof seemed a bit underwhelming but when I saw it later in the morning light it was quite nicely framed in the historic district.

This was above a pedestrian pass-through. I like the way the scene went over the window.
Above most of the shops in old town are some kind of sign. I liked the lion on this one.
A watch store. Well done theme.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list