Baltic Blog - Warnemunde, Germany

What a change! It's been over 80 degrees in every port but when we arrived in Germany it was cloudy and a chance of rain. The port was Warnemunde and our destination was Rostock. I didn't know this before the cruise, but both of these cities were located in the former East Germany and were both heavily bombed during the war. Today, the cities are modern and very little remains of the old buildings.

Rostock is where we were headed to see the the 13th-century city hall and 12th century St. Mary's Church. And of course, there was a city wall! Now I'll admit it, the main reason I was on this tour is that I was promised beer. Hour after hour went by and no beer. (Well okay, it did start at 8:30 am but I'm on vacation!) At any rate, we ended up on a canal boat and the promised beer came my way! It was a Rostocker Pils and slightly bitter. It was big and it was welcome. I had another and the day was complete!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list