Earlier this year I bought my first Disney annual pass. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but it is expensive and now I need to start getting my money's worth. Luckily the perfect opportunity arose this week as Space Mountain finally reopened after a long closure. I thought the whole ride had been remodeled to have the loops and twist that are in Euro Disney, but no. The city of Anaheim was not going to approve that without all new plans, approvals, and permits, so we have the same old track, due to red tape.

The good folks at Disney came up with a way to make the ride better even if it's the same! I even walked off dizzy and that's never happened. With the use of strobe lights, and space style visuals, to the sound of high impact music, the ride is fun again. It even seems faster but that's probably an illusion.

I was there Thursday night and the park was packed. Space Mountain was an hour wait, and since that's why we were there, we waited. Buzz Lightyear was 90 minutes just with fast pass, so I'll have to save that for another day. Since we were walking through the park at 9:00 pm, most of the people were watching fireworks or shows, and wonder of wonder, Pirates only had a 3 minute wait! We went in for a bonus ride and then headed out.

I've now worked my way through half of the purchase price ($209) for this pass. I need two more trips to go. The best thing is I can go for only 3 hours and I feel like I'm getting my money's worth. Now if I can just get there when there's no wait for Buzz Lightyear!

Comments

  1. i have to get there and use my pass to see space mountain... the only space mtn i've ever done was at WDW in FL, but it was a lot of fun. (and haunted mansion beats out pirates ANYDAY!)

    *why do i feel i'll be flogged for that comment??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went on Haunted Mansion earlier this year, after it just reopened from being enhanced. It's a lot darker and the visuals are so much better now. I also like it in the winter when it's turned into "Nightmare Before Christmas."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list