My car has turned into the barfmobile and the power of the cookie continues! First up - a big congratulations to Troyce who after waiting forever has finally been offered the job that he's been waiting for! As one of the cookie supporters (and the donor of the silver cookie) it is a well earned job! On top of that, he'll join the ranks of San Diego beer drinkers in a few months!

Now at some point in everyone's life, someone else barfs in your car. It's usually when you're young and drunk but your friends are drunker than you. I thought I was covered for life when Amie (yes, I'll name names) got sick at the Rolling Stones concert right as we pulled into the stadium parking lot. She refused to be seen by anyone that we might have known, so the front seat, door, floor, etc... of my car was covered. Yuck! That smell lasted a long time!

Fast forward many years to yesterday. I'm driving up to a meeting in Carpinteria with my carpool buddy. All is well for the drive and we make the usual stop in Oxnard at Starbucks. About one minute later, carpool buddy mentions she feels nauseated. Okay, mental note to self "that can't be good." I choose to ignore the statement.

The drive from Ventura to Carp is scenic and windy. There are very few stopping points. The drive takes 25 minutes if all goes well. (no big rig rollovers or Cal-Trans work going on) We chat all the way to Carp. Literally, as I make the right turn, Carpool Buddy say "you better hurry because I think I'm going to throw up." At moments like that, you don't hurry, you pull over quickly. I parked right next to the bushes and said "go!" She opened the door so quickly and started to barf but darn that seat belt! In some emergencies, seat belts are not a good thing. The was some hurling and some missing before the seat belt came off.

She worked her way free and leaned out the door and let loose all 22 ounces of coffee. People drove by and ignored us. When it was safe, we pulled into the parking lot and just stared at each other. Did anyone see us? We hope not. Luckily the car cleaned up easily and we went inside and told the tale. Everyone was properly horrified and told us to stop talking. There's no way. This story will be told for a long time to come!

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:40 PM

    I know what you mean. Someone threw up in my mom's brand new car after an afternoon of hard partying.

    It was like the Tell-tale Heart every time I rode with her after that. The car smelled funny for years.

    I remember that concert with Amie. Or unless she got totally wasted every time the Rolling Stones came to town.

    Mondo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that was me. I'll admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I lost it in my friend's truck (after drinking LOTS of Tequila), but the inside was all plastic so cleanup was easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:37 AM

    Karen

    I bet I can guess who this is. How sad!!! Thanks for the congrats!! I cant wait for our first beer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:58 AM

    Just had to put in my story. CLA at the Coronado Officers Club, Jack Daniels and Bernie's new car!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list