I took four pictures in St. Louis. Not one of the arch, or Busch Stadium, or even at dinner. It rained a lot and my life was hotel - work most of the time. Now I had a lovely tour of the city when I arrived but I thought (silly me) that I would have time for photos later. I even had the adventure to East St. Louis but it's not wise to take photos there. But on my last night, I turned in my building badge and found myself locked out of the office with nothing to do but wait for someone to rescue me. It was an entertaining time once I took out the phone. I watched taxis go by and I watched a taxi driver wash his bald head with the entire contents of a water bottle.















I annoyed the taxi drivers so they all moved away from me. It's not normal just to sit on the street in downtown. I was so bored I considered talking to them but no. Probably would have been a bad move.

















So for a while, this curb was my friend and I contemplated life and how I came to a place where I was sitting here, staring at gum, watching people try to ignore me. Basically life, the universe, and everything.

















It's not pretty but it's my story. I was rescued and spent a fine evening at the ballpark. I'll return next month and my goal is to take at least one picture of that arch!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cruising the Danube

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list