I took four pictures in St. Louis. Not one of the arch, or Busch Stadium, or even at dinner. It rained a lot and my life was hotel - work most of the time. Now I had a lovely tour of the city when I arrived but I thought (silly me) that I would have time for photos later. I even had the adventure to East St. Louis but it's not wise to take photos there. But on my last night, I turned in my building badge and found myself locked out of the office with nothing to do but wait for someone to rescue me. It was an entertaining time once I took out the phone. I watched taxis go by and I watched a taxi driver wash his bald head with the entire contents of a water bottle.















I annoyed the taxi drivers so they all moved away from me. It's not normal just to sit on the street in downtown. I was so bored I considered talking to them but no. Probably would have been a bad move.

















So for a while, this curb was my friend and I contemplated life and how I came to a place where I was sitting here, staring at gum, watching people try to ignore me. Basically life, the universe, and everything.

















It's not pretty but it's my story. I was rescued and spent a fine evening at the ballpark. I'll return next month and my goal is to take at least one picture of that arch!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list