It's been an odd day. I've had no word from Lebanon since Saturday. I think one friend and his family have made it to Cyprus and are on a flight to Jordan. Another friend is in northern Lebanon where the mobile and communication towers were bombed on Saturday. That area has not had any bombs since then so I assume that all is well except for the lack of communication.

I'm currently at the Dallas airport, waiting for my flight to Monterrey, MX. I took no chances and I got on an earlier flight on stand-by just for the extra connection time. People on my flight had just been rerouted due to their aircraft breaking down a few hours earlier. More deja vu!

Then there was the odd feeling that you have when you know someone is about to get fired or quit, and you have to maintain the status quo throughout the day. All work involved was an exercise in futility since you are basically playing a role, on stage, for the benefit of courtesy. That person was no longer employed by the time my plane landed in Dallas.

On a better note, Finance 1 ended today. Yes! It went by fast but I might have a B for sheer laziness. There was nothing that I needed to learn in that class and if I have a B, then it's my own fault. I need to refocus for Finance 2 since I would like a decent GPA when I finish. I also learned that the University of Phoenix Master's program includes more statistics and online math lab so that will end my relationship with UOP. LJ - I may follow you at Golden Gate next year!

Comments

  1. You can also check out National University for their master's program. Only one Finance class in mine-piece of cake. www.nu.edu

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog