There's nothing like the feeling of having the keys to a new car or a new house. I picked up the house keys today and then spent the next 20 minutes just wandering the rooms in amazement. I can't believe how lucky I was to end up with this place. The feeling is only momentary though because reality sets in soon thereafter. Spend an hour at Sears on a holiday weekend buying a fridge, washer, and dryer and that's a quick shock to any system. The Visa company even called to make sure I wasn't a fruad victim! They're used to the cheap $20 purchase of Hard Rock Cafe pins from far off lands, not domestic big ticket items!

All in all, I have had quite the day from the usual postal/banking/grocery activities, to getting house keys, to Wal-Mart, car maintenance, Sears ($$$) to the final collapse at the mattress ($$$$$) store, I am surprised I'm still awake! To top it off, I decided to walk to Orfelia vineyard (in the 95 degree heat) and buy 6 bottles of wine which I then had to hand carry down the steep hill and back up a short steep hill. I almost made the call to Brad to come pick me up at the end of the road but I was too embarrassed. The end result is that pride won out and I carried the box of wine up the hill and quickly ended up in the pool.

Tomorrow I start the initial move and a new adventure begins!

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:22 PM

    I so get the too embaressed to call! I've been there many times.

    LJ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list