After 6 weeks of being left alone and free to grow away, I've put a halt to the jungle in the backyard. Once the weeds start getting close to me in height then something is out of control. The recent rain made the soil perfect for the purge and many spiders went running. I probably should have worn gloves but I stopped after I saw the big spider.

The children next door are in shock to see me again. They were starting to think the yard was part of their own, and I startled one of them this morning as I was taking out the trash. He ran. It's now nearly 4:30 and he hasn't had his crying meltdown for the day but maybe I missed it. After bouncing back a few balls they seem to have quieted down and are rounded up indoors. It's a good thing Christmas is on a Tuesday because the excitement is starting to build already.

Who are these good people sending Christmas cards? I managed to get three off and was done with it. I guess I'm back to New Year's cards once again. Somewhere I must have a box in hiding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list