One of my favorite ways to pass time is to search for good airfares and hotel bargains. As the end of school is finally 8 weeks away, I feel compelled to do a celebration trip. The choices are limited to where I can earn 10,000 United miles for the flight but still make it under a week, and a place where I've never been.

The playing field has been leveled down to Vienna but why oh why are hotel costs still so high? Even with all my points it's still expensive in freebie land. So I thought Budapest might make a cheaper base. Nope. I can fly there cheaper but the hotels are actually higher per night.

As I type this, I realize I will have 5 more Marriott nights racked up within two weeks. Maybe Vienna isn't so out of reach after all. I stil have 48 hours to decide before the current airline sale is over. I'm betting on Vienna unless something Taiwanish happens in the next 36.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list