Frost/Nixon

Frost/Nixon is going to have a different reaction depending on age and political awareness of the audience. I went in with the basic understanding of Nixon’s resignation but having been 12 at the time, my concern with Nixon was the fact that he brought Pandas into our lives at the San Diego Zoo. My emotional reaction to the movie was based on the movie and not on any personal attachment to the actual events.

The movie solves the problem of historical knowledge by providing a quick look at the events that led up to Nixon’s resignation and the sense of outrage by the public. We get just enough background on Frost’s career and the circumstances that brought about the series of interviews.

I was entertained by the movie and Frank Langella did an amazing job as all critics have stated. The supporting cast was all good or great but the movie pace bogged down a bit and my mind started wandering. In contrast, the lady sitting by me (maybe in her 60’s?) was quite involved and even shook her fist at Nixon early in the movie. Some of the historical references were over my head but the older group laughed and got the jokes.

At 2 hours, 2 minutes Frost/Nixon was just right in length and had anything else happened, I would have been bored. I’d say give this one a go, the cast was engaging and if all else fails, you can shake your fist at Nixon and entertain others in the theater.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list