Twilight

I like vampire movies so it was pretty much a done deal that I would like Twilight. The movie is most definitely for teenage girls but the story holds up for anyone who is willing to accept vampire logic and go with it. The heart of the story is really about fitting in and acceptance. Teem drama and danger give the Twilight the edge over standard high school movies. I had heard that it was best to read the books before seeing the movie but I found it easy to follow the plot, who was who, and pick up on the nuances of what is to come.

I thought the core relationship between Bella and Edward to be believable and the chemistry with the two actors had a lot to do with that so I am bummed to hear rumors that the lead actor may not be in the sequel.

For the vampire part of it, I'm okay with updating legend. I don't mind if vampires don't turn dead at night and if they live off the blood of animals instead of humans. Variations keep the story fresh.

I was glad I saw Twilight in the theater and I'll probably order the books for airplane reading. the DVD and airplane release can't be far away so if you missed it in the theaters, your second chance will be coming soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list