People weeks take up a lot of time. This week I had one group go out, one come arrive, and the other luckily is stabile in the middle. Putting them in new locations requires extra attention and long days. Friday night at 6:45 pm was when I put this day to rest. Tomorrow is the wrap up stuff from everything that slipped by me.

What I learned new:

The DMV is the best place in the world when you have a driver from another country who drives the same here as at home. We have a California pause, I sat in the passenger seat watching slow rolls through stop signs. 3 way stops have routines, we ran them. My Spanish is much improved out of sheer fear. So I stopped at the DMV and grabbed books in Spanish, English, Russian, and a random language just because. I have never been so happy to be at the DMV!

Seriously, fear is the best way to quickly learn a language. Forget Rosetta Stone or immersion. Sheer survival works. No wonder prisoners of war go home speaking the language of their captors.

I almost had a free rental car. The Budget office where a car was rented, closed due to lack of business. The records didn't transfer except for my name and the car. The new Budget office in another location thought the car was lost for all time. But sadly, we were obsessed about getting a copy of my bill and the training team tracked down the new office. Jose Luis walked in and was greeted with "Karen Reel!" we are so glad you are here. (Even though I wasn't). Oh well, the red Kia will go home where it belongs in a few weeks.

Enough for now. I have had a week but through it all no bombs, no loss of power or water. I think about the children of Gaza and know that no matter what happens here, it's an easy life compared to what is happening in other places.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list