Jordan

I have nothing new to take a picture of. My view from the window is the same as dozens of photos posted before. The daily routine takes me from the hotel to an office to work, and repeats. I did have a minor excitement yesterday (and I assure you this is minor but when all days are the same, it was a satisfying moment,) I finally got to drive a car in the Middle East.

Last year I started whining about this. Most of the countries, no, you can't drive a car because the law is against the foreigner if there is an accident. That's simple, if you are in an accident no matter what, it is your fault. Other countries like Egypt, no signs or names for streets exist and traffic patterns change all the time. Lights? Let the best driver win.

But the roads in some places are easy and navigable and having taxis all the time is a hassle because even taxis get lost.

So I was unbelievebly happy when during training yesterday, I got to drive the car through the drive-thru, out onto the road, and back into the parking lot. I forgot to have someone take a picture. I was even happier that the keys were pretty much thrust into my hands and I was told to drive to make the training official. Thank-you Ala'a! You made my day!

I told you it was small but to me it was big.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog