Still in the Vortex

I have time to blog when I work the 12-14 hour days in the mid-east but can't seem to find the time when I work the 11 hour days in St. Louis. Go figure. Nothing much happens here so I'm not inspired. Instead I think about warm So Cal (even if it's not) the beach and life. Nati's, Ho-Dads, and KS all sound so good right now.

Last night's dinner at the "nice" restaurant was not so great. I ordered jumbo scallops that came out cold in the center. I'm not about to eat raw scallops and I sent them back. The next order was so over cooked that the sauce was foaming and even less edible. I gave up and nibbled on the carrot muffins they brought me while I was waiting. After the second attempt though, I had no appetite. The manager came out and apologized and told me the chef admitted to taking a short-cut on the cooking. Duh.

I'll go back but no scallops next time. I'll stick to salad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list