51st Birthday

I always thought I'd do something different to celebrate my 50's. I had a vision of trekking in Nepal, seeing the Himalayas,  or maybe a relaxing Bali beach week. I never thought I'd be traveling to Quito for a business trip in Ecuador. It doesn't really matter because I have so much else going on but still, a day of flying with other passengers isn't the best. Arriving in Quito I was already not amused with the hotel, the shuttle took too long, my reservation didn't contain my number or profile, the return car to the airport only goes back at 1:00 pm or 4:00 pm. My flight is at 4:00 pm so 1:00 pm it will be.

Then the front desk clerk was already feeling bad and she looked at my passport and said Happy Birthday! No one else noticed and I had already shown my ID 3 times. Then just to be nice since I was traveling on my birthday, a birthday cake was sent to my room. Now that is service that you never see anywhere, let alone a Sheraton property! What a nice way to end the day.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Happy Birthday! I cannot imagine that you are in your 50s, though the rest of us have aged these many years. I remember you as a little girl, laughing and twirling and deep in play with the neighborhood kids. Are you really only 7 years younger than I? I guess age differences seem greater when we are kids. What a lovely gesture for the hotel to deliver you a birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog