ZORB Smoky Mountains

Way back when, on Amazing Race, when the racers were in New Zealand, one of the challenges was to roll down a hill in these giant white balls. It looked like a ton of fun and it turns out, you can do a version of this in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. You get driven up to the top of the hill and have a choice of straight track, zigzag track, single or double rider. For ride #1, we choose to do straight line, together.
I couldn't figure out the release waiver, after all, how can you get hurt inside this thing? One of the questions was "are you able to do physical contact sports?"  I have no idea the last time I did a physical contact sport. I checked "YES." After passing the written test and signing the consent, Lisa and I loaded ourselves inside the ZORB and it was filled up with a small amount of water so we could enjoy a rolling slip and slide. Let me say, I don't know what happened but I came out of the ZORB with a cut on my elbow that turned into a giant swelling bruise. Never felt it happen but you bounce everywhere inside, forwards, backwards, sideways!
What to do? Single, zigzag ZORB of course! If you look carefully at the photo, you can see I'm going down backwards. And that ZORB took a good twist up the side of the trail.
It's not very graceful sliding out of the ZORB. Overall the ZORB was great fun. $70 a person for 3 rides and for the types that don't get dizzy, you can do ZORBIT - astronaut style. I stuck with water, much more fun for me. The three rides took about one hour and there were only 6 people there so allow for time if it's crowded.
Want to ZORB?  Go to: http://www.zorb.com/zorb/home-2/




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list