Wrath of the Titans

Don't go. Just don't go. No more money goes to the this franchise. Under the heading of "I see it, so you don't have to," Wrath of the Titans was made purely for money. Not for 3D value, not for a great plot, not even for fun. Go see John Carter, Hunger Games, even Mirror Mirror that I diss'd yesterday.

The gods are in trouble. Again. Only humans, mainly half god, half human, or kick ass female leads can save the gods from their father, Cronos.  Weakened by lack of prayer, Zeus no longer has the strength to fight his brother Hades, his son Aries, or his imprisoned father, Cronos. Nope, only Perseus can save the day. Perseus has about 3 seconds of resisting, saying "I can't leave my son" and then it's "bye son, I've got to save the day, embrace my god side and I'll see you soon." The Perseus is off and running, right into the eyes of Andromeda who is less than sorry to hear his wife is dead. Didn't see that coming at all, did you? And in Andromeda's prison is Agenor, the son of Poseidon and some mortal woman, and the cousin of Perseus.

Off the 3 go in the midst of some 3D action with Cyclops and gang, some flying rocks, and lots of sparkly 3D dust and there you have Wrath of the Titans. I was too harsh on Mirror Mirror. Wrath of the Titans is 99 minutes of Perseus running around, a few minutes of saving the day, and an audience wondering why we were there. I made my mental Monday work to-do list during this movie. Not to say it didn't have moments. The kid in front of me was scared and Dad took him out of the theater. At least Cronos was scary if nothing else was. Rosamund Pike as Andromeda was the only character that stood out as strong and without conflict. The CGI Cyclops (times 3) was almost pitiable and how easily defeat came.

If you are undecided about Wrath of the Titans, just don't go. Save it for a download date in the future.

Or never.


Comments

  1. Like I said, I wasn't expecting much. I was interested to see how this movie stood on its own without being compared as a remake.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog