So yesterday I go to check into my hotel and the front desk clerk keeps typing away and staring at the screen. Then she asks for my id, then my credit card. More typing. I finally ask if she wants the confirmation number and she says she has it. Much confusion happens on her side and she states that she's not sure what's going on because I'm already checked in. Well me and my bags were most certainly not checked in so we collectively waited. Eventually I get a key and go to the room and open the door to see....

Shoes

and luggage

and hear...voices.

The room is occupied. I have walked in and no one noticed but there were there. I made the most hasty backwards retreat that could be done and fled to the elevators. First, who checks someone into an occupied room and second, who doesn't use their deadbolt just in case?

The front desk clerk apologizes and then asks, what is your name again? Are you sure you're not sharing a room? I am not amused and it shows. The manager gets called out. We go through the ID and credit card routine again and someone has checked in under my name. The manager calls the room and when the occupant answers, the manager asks "what is your last name?" Reilly.

The front desk clerk checked in Reilly for Reel even though they had to show ID and credit card. So I'm traumitized and then when I get an unoccupied room the internet doesn't work.

I checked out this morning, no apologies, no compensation. I'll probably complain and get a free night.

Now I'm in a new hotel and I've been upgraded, greeted with water, popcorn, and cookies and the staff is competent and friendly. I can finally relax before tonight's work dinner. I have got to stop staying at Four Points Sheraton. Something always goes wrong.

Comments

  1. I'm always afraid that I'm going to check into an occupied room for some reason. I once had a bad stay at a Days Inn and I sent a compliant, but they said it was not company owned and never got back to me. I gave the hotel a bad review on Yahoo! travel, and will not stay at that chain again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:43 PM

    I was checked into an occupied room in Florida once. I walked into the room to see luggage and heard voices. I made the hasty backwards retreat without anyone noticing me. When I got back to the office the guy who checked in just ahead of was back too. Same thing happened to him. When I got to an unoccupied room the first thing I did was bolt the door. I even blocked it with my suitcase.

    OB

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list