Vigeland Park is named after one of Norway's sculpters. The 212 sculptures in the park were all made by Vigeland between 1906 and 1942. I'm not sure what Vigeland's deal was but the sculptures all mass nudes of humanity in all states and very popular with tourists!


There are figures everywhere, on the bridge, in the fountains, along the walkways and so on. The park is fairly large and has jogging, biking, and dog-walking trails. It was a good place to get out in the sun and spend, oh, 30 minutes until the Hop-On-Hop-Off bus came back by. I guess if I had a picnic lunch I could have stayed longer but I felt complete with the stop.



Comments

  1. Did you see any Antoni Gaudi inspired art? Or better yet, a bench?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list