Here it is Thursday and I am looking at another week's worth of stacks of office/work paper piled up around me. I am a person who has to work surrounded by a semi-circle of files, papers, schedules, and cardboard. Really, I put things away and file them but the next day, I find myself working on the same projects. What needs to be invented is a light-weight, rolling U shaped bookcase where I can stack my papers and swivel my office chair around to fetch them as needed.

Yesterday I looked at one of my many boxes of cables and cords. I have yet to find an Internet or television cable that I could throw away. It seems that there is always a need for one at some point. I might need shock therapy to be able to even consider letting go of a cable. It's the oddest obsession. I can only blame my parents for that random genetic trait.

After almost a year of living here, I picked up the phone and called to get a Yard Waste recycle sticker for a trash can. I decided it was time to stop throwing weeds over the fence. The weeds got a little big recently to go un-noticed, so they've been sitting in a trash can for about 2 months. Enough is enough and I made the call.

The gopher has been quiet for a few days and the little ferret didn't return. One of the bird families lost an egg so that was sad for them. The cat continues to patrol as she sees fit.

So another day passes by in Carlsbad. I hope you all had a pleasant day as well.

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:57 PM

    About the cable thing. Not only do I have my own collection I have dad's too. Do you want some of his?

    OB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cables are like crack. Once you get started you can never stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have drawers, boxes and more drawers filled with various cables.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list