The snowball always has to start somewhere. My snowball started in the Kuwait airport last month as I did a web search for career coaches in Carlsbad. That led me to http://lousbergunlimited.com/web/contact.php and Debbie Lousberg. Then I went and ordered a bunch of books and one arrived. That book was typical of career books but the guy was on Oprah today which I TiVo'd. The concept that I liked in the book was how we try to develop our weaknesses which makes us miserable and we should focus on developing our strengths to do what we love, better. I thought about that today as I was working on an Excel sheet and doing formulas, which I hate. I don't want to be better at Excel, I want to be better at program writing, hence my disappointment at have the InDesign CS3 software install delayed.

I took the career interest survey and found out that I either belong in the business industry or the entertainment and arts industry. I'm best suited for Training and International Business, or Writing, Music, and Movies. (I really enjoyed doing my movie reviews back when I had time to see movies!) So what next? I'm still working on my list of likes/dislikes about daily job routines. More on that next week when I have more than 3 points for each. My current points are Likes: Movement. Dislikes: Boredom. Not so informative there.

Well back to my current dislike, writing about organizational design for a school paper.

Comments

  1. I love organizational design-I guess that's why I got a master's in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:01 AM

    Good Job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list