Dinner at Poseidon Del Mar

When life gets you down - go to the beach. It's always worked for me but sometimes the experience is exceptional beyond belief. In the roundabout way that life works, LJ's friend Chef Tim is the Executive Chef at the Poseidon Restaurant in Del Mar. Lisa has wanted to go there for years (unknown to me) to try the food and about 6 weeks ago, she asked if I would join her to check out Chef Tim's cooking. I knew we'd have a good meal but I had no idea what we were in for - starting with one of the best seats on the beach! The food was great so a couple of times I forgot to take pictures as I dove in straight for the food. We were able to sample on and off menu items until we popped.
First up, above, was the cleanser shot - a cucumber mango something that I can't spell or pronounce. It tasted like cucumber. Below, my favorite of the night. A Grilled Ginger-Pesto Day Boat Scallop with purple potatoes, sautéed spinach, ginger cream & pomegranate molasses. (I'm taking these descriptions from the menu since I couldn't ever make this stuff up.)
Next was the Iron Seared Ahi with Poseidon ponzu, sambal vinaigrette, lemongrass microgreens & ikura.
Followed by the Maple Leaf Farms Duck Breast with five spices.
Then stuff came up and I forgot to take pictures. We had Penne & Pancetta with chicken, crispy pancetta, tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil, white wine, lemon juice & aged parmesan. This was followed by a slammer burger (mini) with truffle sauce, fried onion slivers, on a burger bun. Yum! Sorry – I was too busy eating to take the picture! Below is a special that Chef Tim made up for us. Fried tempura with goat cheese and squash blossom. It was one of my favorites!
You can never beat a lobster claw and shrimp but I was getting really full and we had to cry "stop!"
So it was on to the cheese plate followed by dessert (I forgot the photo) and then we were done.
Perfect timing! As we finished up our 3 hour meal the sun was setting on a perfect So Cal day.
Want to try the Poseidon Restaurant in Del Mar? Check it out at: http://www.theposeidonrestaurant.com/


Comments

  1. That food looks sooooo good! Since I'm leaving Wednesday, I'm eating leftovers, like frozen fish and chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Poseidon is my Mom's favorite restaurant. It's yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's one of my favorite restaraunts too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog