Tonight was time for baseball, so some friends and I headed out to see the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim play the Oakland A's. It must be something with the name of the team or it could have been the freak rain but today had a series of mishaps. First up, the easy drive to Anaheim was marred by the sudden stop of the carpool lane and it took 35 minutes to go the last 10 miles. After that, we missed the turn to the stadium and kept going east. Once returning, we had to turn on the emergency lights just to get to the premium parking. All this for a game!

When we got inside, the mission was to locate good beer. All I remembered from last season was that the beer choices were limited. We found a stand with Pyramid Ale and decided to settle for that. Before the beer though, we decided to find our seats. We scattered about and went the wrong way to our seats but finally found them. Then we went to go get beer and promptly passed the stand right by the seats and went way to far before turning back and finding the Pyramid Ale right where we started!

Okay, beer in hand it was time to settle in for the game. Tonight was a sell out, so Angel fans were packed in everywhere to support the team. It was a good thing to because the action was slow and there wasn't a lot going on at times. At 2-2, it was time for another beer. We went back out and took a right instead of a left and found great beer! The Firestone Double Barrel on tap! And to Ms. Kitty's complete and total annoyance, I was carded! It wouldn't have been so bad but I had just remarked a few minutes ago that I looked as bad as an OC stoner! Maybe the beer guy was stoned and just couldn't see straight. At any rate it was back to the seats to watch the Angels score another run and lead by 1.

Now at this point the big screen captivated me completely as Bohemian Rhapsody came on. I was entranced by the graphic when suddenly - the Rally Monkey was on screen and singing "Scaramouch, Scaramouch!" I have waited years to see this monkey and finally it got me! I have to admit it was one of the funniest things ever and now I understand the craziness of the Rally Monkey. Sadly, it was too little, too late and the A's ended up scoring the winning run in the top of the 9th. Final score 4-3, Oakland.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list