Fever Pitch

I have to admit that I didn't believe the critics when they praised "Fever Pitch." I was wrong. This is a really good movie. Who knew that Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore could pull off a believable romantic comedy set against the backdrop of baseball? Maybe it's because the story revolves around the Red Sox 2004 winning season. The heart of Red Sox fans translates into the heart of the movie.

I enjoyed this movie. I'm sure it helps if you are a baseball fan but I think even non-fans will like "Fever Pitch." The movie is hard to describe without using cliches, so I'm not going to bother. You all know the story - rabid Red Sox fan meets baseball clueless career girl. Worlds collide. Love overcomes. It's formula but with the element of truth in people, not the usual contrived situations that is the downfall of most of this genre.

Baseball season is here. Good movie season is upon us. You'll do okay with "Fever Pitch" this weekend.

Comments

  1. yeah, i saw that entertainment weekly gave it an "A"! well, i wasn't really gonna give it a chance, but with your review on top of the "A", i guess i'll try it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list