As I spend my last few hours in Kuwait, I realize how involved I've become in my life here. I'm so ready to get home and see my friends and resume my normal life. At the same time I'll have to reacclimate to driving, wearing short sleeved shirts and skirts, and reintegrating back into normal life. While I'm ready to be home, I have to remember that food does not come from the breakfast buffet and that people will understand what I say without my having to think of different ways to say the same thing. If I need to speak another language, it will be Spanish which will seem so wonderfully easy next to Arabic. (which I don't plan to learn beyond the few words that I've picked up)

I'm looking forward to my return trip to Lebanon and hopefully Jordan, but Kuwait, well I know I'll be back and have to deal with it. Anyhow, this has been a long 3 weeks and a lot has happened during that time. Too bad no one made an offer on my condo. I hope I don't go home and find "presents" from the neighbor's cat all over the the front entry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog