Here's the last police report from the Kuwait Times for Feb. 16. It's been the reading highlight over coffee for me each morning.

The Coast Guard gave chase to 3 men who were attempting to smuggle alcohol into the country. The men escaped but left 40 boxes of alcohol behind.

A drug pipe was confiscated from an Iranian expat.

Hashish was found in a shopping mall. Several thefts, a fire, the usual fatality car accident, and a fall from a construction site. I don't think I'd take a job on a high rise here. Almost every day 1 - 3 falls are reported, usually fatal.

Thank-you Australian television for airing the abuse pictures from Abu Ghraib so we can have a reason for more attacks and violence in the region. This has to go under the heading of really stupid bad judgement and timing. I suppose this will take the heat off of Denmark and turn the focus back to the US. For Westerners like myself who work in the Middle East and have Muslim friends and co-workers, this is just a big mess that we all wish the governments would sort out and let us get on with our lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list