One of the strangest and hardest parts about traveling is not being there for friends and family during sad times. A dear family friend passed away early this morning. For those of you who knew Emil Kremzier, he has struggled with recovery from a stroke for several years and in the last few months has been in intensive care. Luckily he is in a place of peace and it's his wife of over 50 years who is in pain now.

Audrey had called me right before I left for Lebanon to let me know that it was a matter of days but still when the news came in, I was surprised. I was convinced that her will alone would keep Emil around until she was ready to let him go. That day was today.

The Muslims are mad at the Danish and boycotting and threatening embassies. The Israeli's continue to invade the Lebanon border and killed a 15 year old today, and Iran just wants to blow everyone up. All of these things are so trivial when you look at the short span of life that we have. So for the third time in less than a year, let me remind you to tell the people around you how much you care for them and to make every minute count in your life.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog