Work has been going non-stop today. I thought that since most normal jobs took the day off that I might have some down time but no. Everyone has figured out that I'm back in the country and the phone is ringing and work just happens. I guess that's okay. Even people in Kuwait are calling so I guess I haven't fully escaped yet.

I turn into such a lightweight after not drinking for a few weeks. LJ and Homer and even the waiter were totally in shock when I ordered a second beer but didn't drain the remaining beer before turning the glass over to the waiter. The waiter just stared at the beer glass for so long that I had to ask for it back and finish my beer. He just couldn't contemplate what I was doing. Now, I see people leave their beer unfinished at Karl Strauss all the time and they don't get that look. I've never even seen that waiter before so how was he to know my beer habits? Anyhow, the beer tasted great.

Statistics has officially ended. I survived. I'm doing two classes at once for the next round and even combined, they'll still be easier than statistics! Whoo-hoo!

Comments

  1. Welcome home! I hope you had a good trip and have a few days to decompress before you leave again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home and congrats on making it through stats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, welcome back! I'm sure it feels good to be home. And thanks for your comments on my blog about my mother-in-law's illness; I appreciate your kind thoughts.

    Dave Westbay

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list