I'm home! It took 28 hours of travel and I was up for 2 days but I'm back! First stop this morning was to the beach for exercise without anyone worrying about where I was. Then it was off to the post office to retrieve the mountain of mail. One more quick stop for food and then I was right back where I left - Saturday morning and a day full of statistics ahead of me. The good news is this is the last Saturday that I will spend typing math. The class ends on Monday and I can return to a normal class load again. I've managed to stay awake all day so I have high hopes for a quick time adjustment.

Returning home is often a reverse culture shock. I miss my friends in the Middle East already. Fox News irritated me this morning with their one sided approach to scare viewers and increase ratings on the whole "everyone in the region is a terrorist" theme.

It is relaxing not to have to try and follow Arabic. Not that I speak it but I know the work related terms and body language goes a long way. I am overdosing on American pop music right now. After 3 weeks on only Arabic pop music and the 20 repeating music videos, I need music that I can kick back to. Usually when I travel I miss Mexican food but today I'm craving pasta. I must need the carbs.

No one even looked at the condo while I was gone but the neighbor's from hell have moved out and it's nice and quiet today. No dead mice at the front door either. I have 10 days at home and then it's back on the road again. March will be almost all St. Louis all the time, with a brief visit to Zurich.

Comments

  1. Welcome home. I find your observations while in the Middle East very interesting. Having spent some time in Israel, I agree that its not nearly as bad as it may seem by watching the news.

    I still can't empathise with the bad guys and the terrorists. While I can intellectually grasp their views, ideas and how they came to have those views and ideas but they lose all validity and credbility when they resort to murder.

    Thanks for stopping by Dr. Blogstein, I do hope you return. I'm fair and funny and I try not to rail upon those that don't deserve it and I try not to pull punches with those that do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog