After an early start Thursday morning, 12 hours of travel, I have arrived in Zurich. I'm glad I brought two coats because the weather changes every 15 minutes. It will go from sunny, to rain, to intense snow flurrys almost on a regular rotating schedule. Here's the view from my window.














Unusual art must not be confined to Barcelona. This winged lady is hanging in the train station. Today I walked around the park area and explored the underground shops. Tomorrow I'm off to Liechtenstein.

I think cheese is just cheese unless it's fondue. There are ads for fondue restaurants everywhere. My hotel greeted me with Swiss chocolates and cookies. Yum.

Comments

  1. Beautiful! Beats the crap out of Lubbock, TX! Ahhhh, those were the good old days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:20 AM

    The winged lady is a Niki de Saint FAlle! She was highly inspired by Gaudi and is my mom's favorite artist. It's her tarot gardens that mom and I visited in Italy. I was also telling your and Homer's brother about her works that are in Kit Carson Park. When you get home and after tax season we should go up there and see the statues.

    This was on display here in SD so I've seen her before.

    LJ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog