The cookie always knows....

I woke up Monday morning knowing that I had a full day in front of me. I fortified myself with coffee and more coffee and faced the day.

First up - there was a offer on my condo but it hadn't come in yet.
Second - taxes.

And somehow the work world had managed to be quiet while I was in Zurich but the universe was kicking everything around in high velocity on Monday. But forget about work.

The offer came in at 2:00 pm. $369,000, no contingencies but no pre-approved loan either. I talked to my realtor and we went over each of the 10 pages of the offer in detail. I wanted $385,000 but that pretty much isn't going to happen so I countered with $379,000. Later that day, I headed off to Coldwell Banker to sign the paperwork and the counter offer was sent. Had more discussions about the sale, what had to be done, when I could safely pack my bags and be homeless.

Then I headed over to mustbereel's house to do my taxes. Well it turns out that I could only do half of my taxes because there is still some remaining issues from the trust to finalize. Time to call LJ and get instant tax advice. Two hours later, I had everything done that I could do, so we headed off to the mall for dinner. (mustbe and wife's dining room is the mall) Anyhow, it had been a full day and I decided it was time to go back to the beginning.

Yes, Panda Express.

I ate my dinner. The cookie wrapper crackled. It was time to open the cookie.

"An important discussion will take place today."

Damn but that cookie was right again! Maybe a few hours late, but it was right on.

Today my counter offer was accepted. I mailed off my tax adjustment from 2004 (thanks LJ!) and changed my address at the Post Office to a PO Box.

Anything can happen now. I may be homeless on May 1st or the condo may fall out of escrow and I'll still be here. Maybe I'll even eat Chinese food again. (just food, if I was in China)

Comments

  1. Hope the deal goes through on your condo sale - time for you to move into that low-maintenance-yard house. I may not be far behind you in buying a house. I'm getting tired of my neighbors and now suddenly small garage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:56 AM

    Way cool! Hope it works out on the condo and homeless really doesn't count for you since you're never home to begin with.

    LJ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Innsbruck - here despite it never being on my to-see list