It's the night of the longest and most boring awards show on Earth - the Oscars. For as much as I love movies and the fashion pre-show, I just cannot sit through the skits, musicals, and the madatory host comedy routine. I prefer to watch the highlight endlessly on Monday and follow the awards online.

So far, I'm mixed about the results but I'm glad to see different winners than the traditional popularity crowd.

Courtesy of the net:
Supporting Actor: George Clooney, "Syriana." I really disliked that movie. Clooney only won because he had a torture scene.
Supporting Actress: Rachel Weisz, "The Constant Gardener." Okay. I also didn't think the movie was all that. Her fate is why she wins.
Animated Feature Film: "Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit." I'm okay with this. It was good animation.
Documentary: "March of the Penguins." You have to give the production crew credit for all of that time in the South Pole. Not a hard hitting social commentary but it was entertaining.
Visual Effects: "King Kong." Sure. The dinosaurs were cool. But what about Yoda?

Well tomorrow we'll know about the big category winners. I haven't seen a lot of the nominated films so I can't comment on Brokeback or Geisha but it looks like the final count will be shared between these two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog