I've decided that I'm happier than ever that I never had to move to St. Louis. There's not a lot to do here and it's cold. On this trip, I have two team members from the Middle East here with me. It's the first trip to the U.S. for one of them and he's quickly learned that the people and life here are not the same as what is shown on TV or in the movies.

At the recommendation of the hotel waitress, we wandered off to 1860 - a blues bar and cajun restaurant. It was a true hole in the wall deserted location and as soon as we walked in, everyone stared. We were in redneck territory for sure. Since we had no other options, we went on in and had dinner. The food was pretty good and the restaurant was decorated as a hunting lodge. Later we went to listen to the band but between the redneck factor, the music, and the really strange mental guy that was air dancing to his own tune, we decided to leave.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog