Eating Salmon Fettuccini in Malaysia

This was the lunch that took 4 passport stamps to eat. The day started out as planned – meeting 1 led into meeting 2, which was going to lead into meeting 3. Then something happened. The ringleader of the group decided that it was time for lunch. Well, I was hungry so lunch sounded good. Turns out we were going to JB. While I was trying to figure out what restaurant JB was, someone asked if my passport was with me. Well it was which made things easier, since JB turned out to be Johor Baru in Malaysia. Yes, we were crossing the border to eat lunch at the newest Super Mall in Malaysia. The border is only a 20 minute drive but it’s the usual 1 hour process once you’re there. First, you get stamped out of Singapore. Then you enter Malaysian customs zone and get stamped into Malaysia. Over an hour later, there we were at an Italian restaurant in the Super Mall, ready for lunch. I had been thinking yummy Malay food but faced with an unexpected turn of events, I opted for salmon in honor of OB’s tradition of salmon on the first meal in a new country. The salmon was crunchy. The skin is left on and the fish pan fried. Even an Italian restaurant has an Asian twist. Meal done, it was time to head back and get our exit stamp for Malaysia, and an entry stamp for Singapore. 4 hours, 4 stamps, and an odd foray into a mall. Life on the road is strange.

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:09 PM

    Salmon in Malaysia sounds good to me. Of course I like the desserts too.

    OB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a salmon burrito at Rubio's yesterday, does that count for anything? It was really good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog