Someone managed to partially get into my online Washington Mutual Account yesterday. I'm not sure how and WAMU can't assist but my e-mail was changed in the WAMU system. There were 3 e-mails this morning sent to my account stating that the e-mail had been changed. Sure enough, I logged on and there was a false e-mail there. I changed it back and changed my user name and password. 2 calls and 2 e-mails to WAMU yielded nothing. They just tell me what I already know, that my e-mail is correct. No one can look up the electronic records generated by WAMU and I just get the general be aware warning.

No money was missing but I do consider the account at risk. I guess the only next steps are to monitor the account daily and keep all documentation with WAMU on file.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog