It's 4:25 pm in Tokyo on Saturday. I have managed to knock off two days of the 21 day road trip without doing anything but sit on a plane. It's kind of nice to realize I'm down to 19 days now. The flight was long, boring, and the movie section needed updating. I did get to see The Departed and while it was a good movie and did everything a ganster/mob movie should do, I don't think it was great. But, it ended well and Martin Sheen and DiCaprio gave great performances. Jack's Oscar nod is over-rated. I guess if you swear enough in a movie, that's considered great acting.

Now that the US lets you bring your lotions and such in the carry-on baggy, they don't tell you that other airports are still psycho about it. I had to go through screening again in Tokyo and there was a big sign about no liquids, gels, lotions allowed. My baggie was in my purse and I decided to chance it. Turns out that the water bottle in the backpack that I had forgotten about was the trigger and everyone ignored my eye-drops and toothpaste in favor of discarding the water bottle. What a relief. The baggie would have been a hassle to replace on the road. Well, not that I haven't had to do so before given that the Frankfurt airport trashed everything in October and I forgot my toothpaste and toothbrush in the hotel in Lima.

10 minutes to go before I board the nearly 6 hour flight to Singapore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog